Pages

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dove Delight


I came home from work earlier this week and found three little visitors on the deck outside my kitchen. I got the camera and took some photo's through the glass sliding doors, moving very slowly so they wouldn't be startled and fly away. On the contrary, feeling very safe and cozy these little birds sat around for a few hours!

That's my bonsai maple in the planter--it is six years old and came home with me as a 8 inch seedling, retrieved from my sister's forest. It's a joy to watch it grow and change colors with the seasons. Local sparrows particularly enjoy sitting on the little branches, using the leaves like umbrellas to rest from the bright sun. I can eat breakfast while watching them hop on, change branches and fly away, all the while chirping with delight. One of life's daily pleasures...

No comments: