Pages

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Clean-Up... Again


An essential element for creativityfor me is a clean, organized working space. Right now, my studio is not that. It is the graveyard of withered ambitions, forgotten intentions, aborted efforts and a holding area for the many ideas still clinging to life, waiting for the chance to take form. It is dusty from lack of use, but filled with the energy of potential ready to be stirred into action. Yes!

I woke up this morning at 5:00 a.m. and decided not to turn over this time, to get out of bed right away and go excavate the studio, face the piles and half-finished artworks and clean it up. It's time to make a decision. Use it, file it, give it away or toss it. Everything must have an active purpose for being in that room. I'm pruning the tree of my life. I'm weeding the garden of my dreams. I'm tilling the soil of my future. I'd better get back to work!

"Every moment is an opportunity for another choice." Elias
What will you choose today?

No comments: