Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude


While preparing to visit with family this week, I'm reminded of all the goodness in my life for which I am deeply grateful. Yes, I'm in the middle of a job search but I am willing and able to work. Yes, my apartment could use sprucing up here and there, but I have a cozy place to call home. Yes, I don't get to see my family very often because of distances to travel, but we talk over the phone, email and have a grand time when we do finally meet. I'm grateful for the joy of creating -- finished a new little mosaic this week! I'm grateful for the pleasure of photography, accented this week by evenings spent scanning old film negatives retrieved from my boxes in the basement. I'm grateful for the joy of song, as I began learning how to use my Mac to record melodies. I am grateful for old friends -- like the one who phoned this week from Poland after 23 years! We laughed together that at least our voices hadn't changed. I am grateful for the beauty of Nature right outside my door. I am grateful for my friends, old and new. For so much more to discover, so much to share, I am grateful.
Wishing you a warm, loving, joy filled Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments: